Top experiences in Valencia
Spain’s third-largest city is a magnificent place, content for Madrid and Barcelona to grab the headlines while it gets on with being a wonderfully liveable city with thriving cultural, eating and nightlife scenes. Never afraid to innovate, Valencia diverted its flood-prone river to the outskirts and converted the former riverbed into a glorious green ribbon of park winding right through the city. On it are the strikingly futuristic buildings of the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, designed by local boy Santiago Calatrava.
- Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias
- Silk Exchange and El Mercado Central
- Queen Square with a view of the Cathedral and its tower the Micalet
- Traditional preparation of Valencian paella
- Las Torres de Serranos
- Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas